Following is a list of some recommendations for your Ladakh Trip.
Dress / Equipment
- Comfortable trousers, preferably of warm material (cotton or wool mix) and / or Jeans.
- Thermal undergarments & sweatshirts / warm shirts for trips during April - May and from Mid September onwards).
- A full-sleeved pullover as well as a half sleeved sweeter (for use during warm days).
- Wind proof outerwear / jacket / parka, sun hat and a pair of good quality sunglasses with sufficient filter-factor to check the sun's ultraviolet rays.
- A cap or balaclava (for use when the weather turns bad especially for trips to the higher places such as Pangong Lake, Tsomo-riri, Khadongla and the Manali-Leh road journeys.
- Comfortable walking shoes/sneakers with thick cotton socks (avoid fancy shoes/sandals).
- For ladies : Trousers or Salwar suite (worn over thermal inner or tights during April through May & from September onwards only), woolen sweaters / cardigans, a windproof jacket or a shawl, walking shoes with comfortable soles / sneakers. (Avoid Saris & Sandals).
- It is also suggested to carry a flashlight on the tour, especially for those spending nights outside Leh town such as Pangong Lake, Tsomoriri Lake, Nubra Valley and on trekking trips.